Dallas Luxury Home Builder, Bella Vita Custom Homes, was honored to serve as host to the final 2012 Komen Dallas Race for the Cure committee meeting for the Dallas County Affiliate of Susan G. Komen on Tuesday evening. As you know, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month so I decided to contact the Susan G. Komen’s Dallas County Affiliate last month and had the pleasure of speaking with Kaitlyn Echols, who is their awesome and kind Events Coordinator. I humbly offered our beautiful Bella Vita show home located on 6830 Waggoner Drive, Dallas, TX 75230 to possibly host any of their exciting events they have and we decided that their final committee meeting for the 2012 Race would be a great fit at our new custom show home.
The cool night had an elegant yet casual feel with all of the lovely members dressed up so nicely yet very relaxed as they all mingled, reminisced and laughed with one another while enjoying a gourmet catered dinner with delightful finger foods and yummy desserts. As the attendees toured the Bella Vita show home they were very nice and complimentary of the openness, layout, exterior and interior design as well as our attention to every detail in the fine finish out of our home. The hard-working members were given thoughtfully stuffed gift bags at the end of the evening by their board president, Terri Swain, showing her heartfelt appreciation for all of their great efforts and sacrifices throughout this past year.
The Dallas County Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure® was founded in 1992 and hosts the Race for the Cure® annually. This year, the Race attracted approximately 22,000 participants and raised more than $2 million to fight breast cancer. Each year, the Dallas County Affiliate is proud to be a part of this global fight, having contributed more than $10 million to the cause with 25 percent of these funds going toward internationally innovative research and the remaining 75 percent supporting breast health agencies and organizations in Dallas County. These agencies and organizations provide a continuum of care for breast health through education, screening and treatment programs for the under-served and non-insured in Dallas County. To donate today to the Dallas County Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure®, please click here to do so- every dollar helps.
Susan G. Komen continues to fund individual research awards. It also recognizes that breast cancer is a complicated problem and has created the Promise Grant award system, which uses team science to look at larger, critical issues in breast cancer. Komen’s research funding is also directed towards cultivating young researchers; over 260 young and emerging scientists are currently supported through Komen’s training and career catalyst grants. A recent Komen evaluation has shown, in fact, that this investment has been successful. Nearly 90% of former Komen postdoctoral fellows are still in the field of breast cancer, most of them as independent researchers. With the help of one of the largest grassroots networks in the world, Komen has been able to invest nearly $755 million in breast cancer research since its beginnings in 1982. Komen currently funds over 540 research teams in 39 states and 10 countries to help end breast cancer. Please click here to donate to the National Susan G. Komen Foundation in your support to finding a cure for breast cancer today.
Bella Vita Custom Homes was honored to be able to offer our show home for this very worthy cause and organization and we certainly plan to do more with the Komen Dallas County in the future! Congratulations to all of the race participants and the entire Komen Foundation for another successful year in raising these much needed donations to help find a cure for breast cancer. Thanks again to all the members who came to the committee dinner last Tuesday evening and we hope you enjoyed our lovely show home as much as we enjoyed hosting for all of you.